Friday, December 4, 2009

Oh Christmas tree!

I love Christmas time! I have many fond memories of going to the local AAA tree farm in Nuevo, California with my family and the goal was to find the winning tree. Each family member would find a tree that they thought fit the profile of the perfect tree.Then we would stand by the tree and yell for the fam bam to come and observe the tree to decide if it was "the tree". We had so much fun and spent so much time at the farm because everyones tree was too tall or too fat or too bald..Well this year since Evan and I will be staying in Hawaii for Christmas, we are making the most of the traditions that I am used to. Like most things in Hawaii, Christmas trees are pretty expensive, but I decided I didnt want to have Christmas without a tree. So I thought about getting a small bonsai tree, but thats totally Japanese, not Chinese. I thought I could get a small plumeria tree, but then we would have this potted tree in our apartment and no where to plant it, so I went with the most practical idea. It cost us a whole $2.40, what a bargain! It works perfect and does its job minus the pine needles all over and the smell, oh and watering it!

2 comments:

Brittanie said...

wow darc, that is beautiful

Sarah said...

and its a tree u'll never forget! We laughed so much about our tree from last year! It was a lamp with a green blanket over it... but it was our first tree... Im glad u got to have a tree u will never forget <3