

We have a hope in Christ here and now. He died for our sins. Because of Him and His gospel, our sins are washed away in the waters of baptism; sin and iniquity are burned out of our souls as though by fire; and we become clean, we have a clear conscience, and we gain that peace which passeth understanding.
We believe, and it is our testimony, and we proclaim it to the world, “that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent.” (Mosiah 3:17.)
We know, and it is our testimony, and we proclaim it to the world, that to be saved men must “believe that salvation was, and is, and is to come, in and through the atoning blood of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent.” (Mosiah 3:18.)
“And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.” (2 Ne. 25:26.)
For the past century and a half since the Restoration, beginning with the Prophet Joseph Smith, the latter-day prophets of God have raised their voices in clarity and with authority and truth as they have borne their testimonies of the divinity of this great latter-day work and the redemptive power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I too have great respect for the Prophet Joseph Smith, for without him we wouldn't have all the truths that we have today. People would still be wandering for truth, confused, and seeking for more as many still are today. But we have the truth! We know that God Lives, that Jesus is the Christ! He is my personal Savior and Redeemer.We know that He will come again and that we have the opportunity to live with him and Heavenly Father; There is life after death, for these truths and knowledge, I am extremely grateful! I reverence the Prophet Joseph Smith and respect him. I know that he died a martyr and died in cold blood, defending the truths with which we all are blessed to know. I know that Joseph Smith died for the cause of our Savior Jesus Christ. I honestly dont believe that anyone would go through so much trial and persecution all because it was something to do. I know that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith and it was that day in the grove of trees that changed not only Joseph's life, but changed the world. We have a prophet of God on the earth today, President Thomas S. Monson. The Lord has not left us alone to fend for ourselves and figure life out. He answers prayers, he speaks to us, and he directs a prophet of God today. I know the gospel is true.
If I could give Joseph Smith a birthday present today, I would give him my personal copy of the Book of Mormon that I took with me on my mission(which is marked up like crazy with my notes and thoughts) so that he would know that his life of persecution and torture was worth living because I gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon and all the truths that he restored to the earth, under the direction of my Savior Jesus Christ. But more than that, I know that God's Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, laid down his life for me and gave me a chance to repent and be clean and return and live with Him again. I wouldn't trade this knowledge for anything!
tis' the season to be jolly fahlalalala-lalalala! tis' the season to be grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment