Sunday, December 20, 2009

Saturday is a Special Day!

December is quite the month. So much celebration of birthdays! I cant believe that next Friday is Christmas!! We have much to be grateful for this year and family is one of our greatest blessings. It has been so nice living here in Hawaii and being able to spend time with Evan's parents and Grandma and Aunties and Uncles. Of course I miss my family, but it is nice to have family close by to visit and enjoy many laughs. On Friday its was Momma Lolly's birthday. Evan and I went to town to drop some friends off at the airport and stayed in town to celebrate. A while back Ev had built a square foot planter for his Mom and we started her little garden, well the cucumbers started to take over everything else growing in the garden and lets just say we decided to start over. So after running some errands on Friday we headed to Home Depot and bought some "pre-grown" herbs and a tomato plant. We thought maybe we would go big and skip the whole "plant the seed and watch it sprout and grow" deal this time around, we were so over that =) Well after Ev was done planting, it looked like Mom's garden had grown within hours. It looked great!
So we shall see how her garden goes this time around, its fun for us to see what works and what doesn't and we have so much fun going to Home Depot. I just love the smell of it and of course Ev took me down my favorite aisle, the lights.We had a good time roaming around looking at sinks, doors, etc for our "make believe, some day house". Ev had his internship on Saturday, he had a nasty wrestling tournament, and I had work for a couple hours, but I joined up with him after I was done and sat in that stinky gym that smelt like sweat and bodies. It was amazing to me though how many girls actually wrestled. I was used to seeing a couple here and there at Corey's tournaments/matches, but man they had a ton of girls wrestling.I thought that was pretty cool. After the day of work we headed back to town and went to dinner at a nice restaurant called Stage, for Momma Lolly's birthday. It was good food, good fun, good music (the guy singing Christmas music live sounded like Michael Buble) and good laughs. My camera batteries were dead, but I wanted a picture of us all, so we took one with Ev's iphone, here we are:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! You two are so sweet to your families!