I had to work on Saturday so I decided to stop by my grandparents and visit with them . As I walked up to their house I do what I always do first since I was a kid, check for ripe juicy red strawberries in the rows of strawberry plants that have been there since I was a kid. There are just some things that always make me happy and this would be one of those things. I envy my husbands relationship that he has with his grandparents. I wish I had that growing up. On my biological Dad's side, my grandparents weren't that close to me. My papa died a couple years after my Dad died so I didn't know him well like my sister Jess did and my Grandma Greco I saw almost every summer as a kid, but when she moved to Georgia with my Uncle John I didn't really see her much. My Moms parents were close in distance and I saw them a handful of times during the year, especially at family Christmas parties. My Dad's, Dad and step mom weren't too far in distance either, but I didn't see them much either usually summertime and Christmas at the Cabin. I can only hope that my kids someday will get to enjoy their grandparents like Evs got to enjoy his. I want that for them. But regardless of how I much of a relationship I didnt really have, I always knew they loved me and were happy to see me succeed, and I have fond memories of the good times...But the moral of the story is..no matter what has happened with lifes relationships you can almost always find something good to remember about it..like me and my strawberry plants.
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(166)
-
▼
May
(12)
- Sage Stubbs
- G & G Ballantyne
- Can she find a way?
- Since we have moved to Cali...
- Since we have moved to Cali...
- Since we have moved to Cali...
- Since we have moved to Cali...
- Since we have moved to Cali...
- Since we have moved to Cali...
- Since we have moved to Cali...
- Since we have moved to Cali...
- We made it!
-
▼
May
(12)
No comments:
Post a Comment