As I was working with one of my autistic kiddos yesterday, we were working on his food tolerance program which entails eating vegetables. What 6 year old really loves vegetables anyways? Well, in the year and a half I have been working with Mr. Jack, I have heard alot of excuses as to why he can't eat his vegetables, followed by very long aggressive screaming tantrums. Well, we have passed that point {thank goodness} using positive reinforcement and redirection and have moved onto mostly verbal protesting. Yesterdays most clever excuse went something like this:
Jack says,"I can't eat my vegetables. I don't like vegetables!" My response, " Why don't you like vegetables?" Jack's response, " I don't like vegetables because they make me squishy!" {squishy?? Huh?? that's a new one}
Oh kids they say the darndest things!
Friday, September 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(208)
-
▼
September
(21)
- Happy 2nd Birthday SAGE!
- Sweet Is the Peace the Temple Brings
- My happiness now
- Sunday Sillyness
- Things learned
- Friday Night Lights
- Bria's Birthday Partay
- Saturday Volleyball with Mom
- Friday
- Squishy??
- Happy 3rd Birthday little Bria! We love you! Ca...
- Quote of the morning
- ZUMBA Weekend
- I Love You This Big
- Day after Labor Day
- Labor Day
- Dog Beach Saturday
- Date Night
- New Fan
- One life teaches on earth, then in heaven
- Girls Night + 1
-
▼
September
(21)
2 comments:
How funny!
You are going to be the BEST mom!
Post a Comment