This is my friend Jack. He is 7. He has autism. Yesterday, was my last day working with Jack. It was a hard decision to pull myself off the case, but I was just doing too much, spreading myself too thin. For the last 18 months, I have been Jack's ABA therapist. Every Tuesday and Thursday, for 2+ hours, I work on helping Jack in everyday situations {preferred/non-preferred}, eating non-preferred foods, social interactions, and giving him sensory {lots of sensory!}. I love this guy like he were my own nephew. I love his big bear hugs. I love his occasional "Mrs. Darcy you're my friend. I think it's time for a hug." He has grown leaps and bounds in the last year and a half and I will be forever grateful for him being put into my life. He is an amazing kid with an amazing family to support and love him. What an amazing adventure we had together!! Heavenly Father has so many ways of teaching us to love others. He helped teach me as I worked with Jack.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(208)
-
▼
December
(20)
- Ballantyne Family Party 2011
- three short happy years
- Merry Christmas & Mele Kalikimaka
- Christmas Eve
- Holiday Fun
- Caroling w/ the youth and missionary opps
- Holiday Wishes 2011
- Festival of Lights
- Date with Hats
- josh's birthday celebration
- A reflection
- Christmas Spirit
- family time
- Friday funny
- The Great Question?
- Time well spent
- Meet Jack
- Why I love my job..
- Happy 90th Birthday...
-
▼
December
(20)

No comments:
Post a Comment