Monday, December 12, 2011
A reflection
As I was at work, I was working with my Grandpa {my favorite client} and he was on the bicep curl machine. I increased his repititions to 10 today instead of 8 because I feel he is getting stronger. He was lifting 0 pounds and doing a great job at it. I was so proud of him. He really is doing great. He looks better and stronger every time I see him. While he was working out, I looked at the glass window and I could see his reflection. My eyes started to swell with tears. I had to gather my composure. I continued looking at his reflection and my wondering mind started asking questions: I wonder if he see's how great he is doing? When he sees himself, does he think he looks good or does he get discouraged? Does he see his skin so fair and full of life experiences? What does he think about himself? Does he feel lonely? Does he applaud himself for doing something about his lack of strength and balance? Does he see his growth? Is he happy? Does he cry because Grandma B is no longer here on earth? What did he imagine his life to be like when he was younger and how did it compare to reality? His determined blue eyes caught my gaze and I smiled. Interesting to think about our own reflections from glass window or mirror. How do we see ourselves? Personal reflection has always been something I do because I like to improve myself and become better.I have always tried to see myself as God sees me-a virtuous daughter of God with great worth and many talents. I love that He sees me that way, I am thankful for his abiding love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(208)
-
▼
December
(20)
- Ballantyne Family Party 2011
- three short happy years
- Merry Christmas & Mele Kalikimaka
- Christmas Eve
- Holiday Fun
- Caroling w/ the youth and missionary opps
- Holiday Wishes 2011
- Festival of Lights
- Date with Hats
- josh's birthday celebration
- A reflection
- Christmas Spirit
- family time
- Friday funny
- The Great Question?
- Time well spent
- Meet Jack
- Why I love my job..
- Happy 90th Birthday...
-
▼
December
(20)
No comments:
Post a Comment