Saturday, October 3, 2009

Visitors!

I loved my mission! I loved the people, the members, the adventure, everything about a mission is amazing! I served in only 4 areas my WHOLE mission whereas Evan had ALOT, granted he did serve 6 more months than I did, so that makes a little difference. Anyways I served in my greeny area, THE DALLES, OREGON for 4 1/2 months; then KENNEWICK, WASHINGTON for 4 1/2 months; then ELLENSBURG,WASHINGTON for 6 months; then finally VANCOUVER, WASHINGTON for 3 months. I met so many good people. Talked to so many people. And of course bore my testimony to everyone (accepting and non-accepting). One thing about a mission though that makes the difference is the members. When you have good members to go out with you and when you have members willing to do anything to help. I had great members in my mission. A couple weeks ago I had a chance to meet up with a family from my second area. The McCulloughs were coming out to Hawaii again to watch their daughter Lauran play soccer for BYU-Hawaii. Lauran is going on her second year here and when I was on my mission she was still in high school. I remember she was about to go back into soccer season and hadn't been working out. Me being a soccer player, scolded her with kindness of course, and told her she had better get working. Its her senior year and shes gotta be on her game. I told Lauran to come running with us in the mornings. Yes I was a missionary dedicated to my morning exercise time. She showed up at our apartment at 6:30 am and got running. It wasnt super intense or anything, but for her to get up, get ready and drive to our apartment for a 20-30 min run, it was awesome. Lauran used to come lessons with us too. It was a fun experience to see her having to make decisions about college and sports like I had to. Anyways, anytime we were in the McCulloughs area they would always feed us or give us a snack, or give us the 411 on their neighbors. We worked in their neighborhood some weeks, but the McCulloughs were always happy to help. Linda McCullough also went out with us too and we always had a great time, even if we werent able to get into anyones home or our appointments fell through, she was a good sport and tried to help us find people to visit. My last night in the area, they took Sister Noel and I to dinner and it was sad to have to say goodbye. Well, the McCullough's have kid #2 here.Their son Trent. I picked him up at the airport and help get him settled in since he didnt have his Mum to help him =) James and Linda came a few weeks ago and we watched the soccer game with them and then had dinner with them that Sunday. We played games and it was a whole different feeling being around them this time, since now I am married and not a missionary. I now keep an eye on her kiddies while shes away! Thank you McCulloughs for the fun time!

3 comments:

THE GROWS said...

that is really fun

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice compliments! we love you and evan and are so thankful you are there to watch over our kids. that's put's you in mommy training. HAHA
love ya
Linda

Brandon and Kim Waldron said...

you're adorable