Wednesday, November 25, 2009
An Apostle came here
On Sunday, in place of what was suppose to be our stake conference, we had a regional (island-wide) conference..why? Because President Thomas S. Monson, Prophet of the Lord, and one of the Lord's Apostles, Elder L. Tom Perry, were coming to Hawaii. It was an exciting feeling to think that the Prophet of the Lord was going to be here, I was going to be here with him in the same room, listening intently as I would if Jesus were standing right there. Unfortunately, President Monson's wife had a fall and was hospitalized and he needed to be there to care for her. Completely understandable! Not gonna lie though, I was hoping He would be there. But we were still blessed with the presence of an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, Elder L. Tom Perry and a member of the Seventy, Richard Maynes. It was a remarkable conference. Elder Perry is hilarious (if that isn't irreverent to say) and so in tune. I listened intently trying to follow along to what he was speaking about to see some way that it could pertain to my own life and my progression. I mostly just sat and stared trying to absorb the truth and Spirit radiating from his mouth and his aura. Elder Maynes spoke about how the church in Hawaii will never be stronger than the next generation, basically to be an example to the future kids and the pathway to raising a righteous generation. Elder Perry talked about the fruit of repentance, spirit of strength and overcoming our faults, humbly offer our prayers (willing to make course corrections), and give thanks. Most importantly though he bore a strong testimony of truth. President Monson spoke from Salt Lake City, Utah and it was like he was there in the room with us. He spoke about the Aloha of the islands (Spirit of love). He too spoke truth. He taught: have a desire to rescue those who may be lost and how the lost members know where the church is they just need a little help to find the way. He said give service to all men ("If we dont try, we dont do. If we dont do, then why are we here?"), that love is seldom expressed, live together in love, magnify our callings and then he said people can change. "Dont you know a leopard cant change its spots, I wouldn't know I work with men and men change." "A friend cares more about helping than getting credit." It was an uplifting meeting and I am thankful that I had to opportunity to sit in and listen to the Lord's servants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(83)
-
▼
November
(15)
- Good times
- No title
- Countdown to Turkey Day!
- Entangled in the SAGA
- An Apostle came here
- Countdown to Turkey Day!
- Countdown to Turkey Day!
- Countdown to Turkey Day!
- Saturday is a Special Day!
- It takes faith
- Naturally, most husbands lend an ear, a shoulder, ...
- Saturday was a very Special Day!
- Dear Grandpa Quon,
- FHE
- Happy Halloweeny 2009
-
▼
November
(15)
1 comment:
Lucky! That sounds great. Too bad about the prophet and his wife though. How is Hawaii treating you?
Post a Comment