Sunday, November 15, 2009

Saturday is a Special Day!

We had an early Saturday morning. Despite the forecast of much rain and flash flood warnings, we played in a 6v6 soccer tournament at the BYU-Hawaii campus. It was a fundraiser that our Women's soccer team puts on every year, basically the players are the coaches and round up peeps to play on their team. You have to pay to play, but you are guaranteed 3 games and if you have enough points you can move on to the semi-finals then the finals. It was a good cause and we always play every year. Our team was the LADYBUGS-woop woop- our coach was Lauran McCullough (I served in the McCullough's home ward in Kennewick, WA on my mission-see previous post about special visitors). We played three games and came out with a 2-1 overall record. The game we lost was a bogus one. I really had my game face on in that game (dont push me because I will push you back and I will make you fall and then if you do it again I will be just as mean to you) It was intense, elbows out! Anyways we ended up having 16 points for the tourney and you needed 18 to move on the the semi-finals so we didn't move on, but we had a blast in the rain and sliding in the mud.

Afterwards, Ev made me one of his specialty breakfasts, Eggs and portuguese sausage in the toast and it was yummy. One of my favorite breakfasts Ev makes!

No comments: