This is just a random picture taken a few weeks ago where Evan happens to be cuddling with a skeleton (from Lolly's classroom) aka me.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Happy Halloweeny 2009
So I decided to look up the meaning of Halloween to refresh my mind on why we have such a holiday. It was pretty neat to read about why people wear masks and why food or "candy" in our time is given out. Refreshers are nice. Ev and I didnt have a typical Halloween. We dont have kiddies and we werent going to head to Waikiki for Halloween, those could be some scary costumes on the streets..So we decided to head to the beach..ahh..I love the beach. Ev played baseball in the morning with some friends and then later we went with Rebecca and Tyler to Haleiwa, HI. I had never actually been to this beach, but once you been to one you been to them all right? wrong..this beach you werent able to really walk out into as the coral reef covers almost the entire bottom of the ocean anywhere where you can reach. So I hesitated going surfing because I really didnt want to get in a fight with the coral and lose. But it was too beautiful and serene to pass up. I'm not all that experienced but the better I get aka the more I stand up and not just ride the wave, the more I love it. Its so much fun! Well I caught a couple of really great waves and stood up too. I have a good coach, Rebecca, giving me pointers here and there. I love it! After surfing we headed to Mililani to eat food and watch, "Where the Wild things are". I enjoyed the movie, but I spent a lot of the time sitting there eating popcorn and popcorn chicken, thank you for a large purse, but I also just thought about the point of the movie and how were all very much like the little boi Max. We have different sides to us. We are happy, sad, disappointed, angry, frustrated...etc I liked the movie because it really opened my eyes about the importance of love and loving people for who they are. You cant change people. You cant make them become who you want them to be, but you can help them see the potential they have to become better than they think they are. I appreciate feeling that someone, my husband, can help me become a better, happier person so that I do not battle with all of my me's. The movie was definitely thought provoking and I enjoyed it and spending time eating candy that I did not get from trick or treating, but that I had to buy myself..and enjoyed eating reeses pieces while picking out all the brown ones (because I do not eat chocolate and even though I know they are not chocolate, but just a brown candy coat, I am still a freak and wont eat them) so Rebecca ate them =) It was a Happy Safe beautiful Halloween night!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(83)
-
▼
November
(15)
- Good times
- No title
- Countdown to Turkey Day!
- Entangled in the SAGA
- An Apostle came here
- Countdown to Turkey Day!
- Countdown to Turkey Day!
- Countdown to Turkey Day!
- Saturday is a Special Day!
- It takes faith
- Naturally, most husbands lend an ear, a shoulder, ...
- Saturday was a very Special Day!
- Dear Grandpa Quon,
- FHE
- Happy Halloweeny 2009
-
▼
November
(15)
1 comment:
I love your blog. After you said you saw mine last night I had to find yours! Thanks for coming last night! That was a great time.
Post a Comment