This post is dedicated to my feelings about today's day::
There have been a day(s) in life when I...
-didn't play my best soccer game
-didn't study as hard for a test like I should have
-wasn't the kindest to my family
-wasn't the most honest
-wasn't the best example
-wasn't the most considerate person
-tailgated cars for going to extremely slow
-wasn't crowned sophomore princess in high school
-didn't speak kind words
-didn't always listen
-blamed others
-overreacted for nothing
-broke the law and talked on the phone/texted while driving
-..didn't get accepted to Grad School (the trigger for this very post)
There are a lot of things in my life that I didn't always do right or things I wish I could have forced to happen, but lets be for reals, no ones life is perfect and we play the cards we are dealt. But regardless of what I didn't do or the fact that I didn't get accepted to Grad school like I hoped I would, I know that I have made many decisions in my life and have been blessed with many opportunities that have led me to where I am today and I wouldn't have it any other way. What can I say, I feel very blessed.
There have been a day(s) in my life when I...
-was crowned the first "white girl" homecoming queen in over 10 years at Perris High School
-graduated High school
-chose to attend Cal State Hayward where I made priceless friendships
-played college soccer and rocked it
-chose to transfer to BYU-Hawaii from which I chose to serve a mission
-lived in paradise
-met my eternal companion and best friend, Evan Thomas Quon Wai Sung Stubbs
-graduated from college
-was sealed in the San Diego temple forever to my hubby
-applied for grad school
-was nice to my family
-allowed trials to mold me
-followed the Spirit
-prayed hard for strength and guidance
-remembered to put others needs ahead of my own
-made some awesome meals
-proved to myself that hard work and dedication is rewarding
-searched the scriptures for help and peace
-laughed at myself and my own blonde jokes
-loved others unconditionally
I have learned that regardless of what we do or don't do in this life what matters in the end is that we recognize that when one door closes another opens. That our progression in this life is not going to stop because we fail, we will however not learn and grow if we never failed or were rejected. Jeffrey R. Holland, of the Twelve Apostles said it best,
"Faith is for the future. Faith builds on the past but never longs to stay there. Faith trusts that God has great things in store for each of us and that Christ truly is the “high priest of good things to come” (Hebrews 9:11) Keep your eyes on your dreams, however distant and far away. Live to see the miracles of repentance and forgiveness, of trust and divine love that will transform your life today, tomorrow, and forever. Look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future."
I am not sure why I was not accepted to Grad School, I was bummed, and it was hard to hear that I wasn't. I can only speculate why the Lord felt that this wasn't what I was suppose to do, but heaven knows I wont get anywhere going about it that way. I have my head held high knowing I did what I felt I needed to do. I do know that what Elder Holland said is true. I need to Look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future.
3 comments:
Darcy! I LOVED this post. Its so often that we get stuck on negative things instead of finding the good in every situation, or allowing our Faith to lead us on.
I can't wait to hear what alternative path the Lord has lead you on.
So glad to hear all is well with you and your Evan. You two are adorable.
-Nat
Sorry to hear about grad school Darc, but you wrote your thoughts very eloquently. You are a great example to so many people. You faith is so strong and I know you are being guided to your correct path. We love you guys!
Oh my gosh Darcy, I LOVED this post. Thank you for always inspiring me with your FAITH and OPTIMISM. Happy Belated Birthday!;)
Post a Comment