Monday, August 23, 2010
2 years ago..
Two years ago today, my then boyfriend of 5 months, picked me up from the Honolulu, Hawaii airport with a single rose in hand and hugged me so tight because he missed me so much. He then held my hand and helped me with my bags. Then he loaded my bags in the car and he opened my door for me. We headed to At&t to fix some account information and get that all in order. Then we went to the Ala Moana shopping mall and went to our favorite restaurant, Tanaka of Tokyo (we went here on our first date, we went here after we were offically a couple, and the he took me there to ask me a special question). While we were in the restaurant we ordered our usual shrimp, chicken and steak. It was delicious. I was just so excited to see Evan! I was grinning so wide. I had missed being with him all summer while I went home to California for 2 months, seemed like an eternity. After we ate dinner, we were waiting for our dessert to come and Evan asked to see this sterling silver band I was wearing on my left ring finger (my pretend engagement ring that I bought so people would stop asking where my ring was if I was engaged). He "accidently" dropped the ring on the floor, leaned down to get it and next thing I know there's Evan on his knee with a ring in his hand, a real ring, one he saved up all summer to buy me, one with diamonds! It was then that my sweet boyfriend became my fiance. When he asked me to marry him, I was so happy! I laughed. Not the kind of laugh thats insulting, like yah right dude who do you think you are, but the kind of laugh that was a joyful kind, it was a F-I-N-A-L-L-Y laugh. (We had pretty much the entire wedding planned, flights booked, even the temple date set and scheduled.) Thats why I gave a F-I-N-A-L-L-Y laugh. Oh what a day I will always remember.(Evan thought I would have my camera, but I didn't, so we didn't get any pictures of the actual proposal, but my memory of that day is so vivid) My sweet husband has brought so much joy and laughter and fun to my life. I cant thank him enough for asking me to marry him. How did I get so lucky?!?!? I am so blessed to have Evan in my life. He is my best friend and eternal heaven buddy. We are linked together as ONE. I cant wait to see what life has in store for us! I love you Evy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(166)
-
▼
August
(20)
- Improvising
- Dad is 50!! OVER THE HILL!
- Together
- The HEAT
- 2 years ago..
- Speaking in Church
- 80's Surprise Party
- Ben and Amanda's Wedding
- Amazing Race...
- Its gonna be a good week!!
- Forgiveness: My Burden Was Made Light
- Saturday is a Special Day!
- Fun day!
- Fascination??
- I love him!
- Date Nite
- Cruisin' in da car
- Movie Nite @ the Drive-In
- Dad Stubbs visit!
- Sunday Dinner at Mom's
-
▼
August
(20)

1 comment:
you two are seriously so freakin cute it's sickening. but very endearing :) i hope one day to have a marriage and love as you guys.
Post a Comment