Sunday, August 15, 2010

Forgiveness: My Burden Was Made Light



Besides the obvious strength and relationship that this man has with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to overcome such a great trial in his life, the following statement he made really stood out to me:

I am grateful that God allows tragedies and trials to occur in our lives--not because they are easy or because they are desired, but because they help us love.

Love. Charity. The Pure Love of Christ. Such a powerful tool. I hope that I can be more loving and compassionate. More Christlike. That I can always forgive others in such a way that I can love them for being in my life and allowing me to become so in tune with my Savior and to feel the power of his Atonement.


2 comments:

Kristin said...

thank you for sharing this. i am sitting at my desk at work trying hard not to cry and hoping no one comes through the front door right now.

Stubbs Love said...

thanks for feeling touched by it. Its a great message to each of us.