Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fires of Faith


I finally finished watching this series on BYUtv {click here to watch it}. It was seriously one of the neatest series I have watched in a long time. I was so impressed by the history of the King James Bible. I learned so many things.What stood out to me most were men of God, good men, trying to further the work of God by bringing the Bible to the hands of the people in their own language. William Tindale, John Wyclif, Martin Luther and many more reformers who took part in bringing forth the translation of the King James Bible. I find it amazing how hard they worked to bring about such a great work. How they put their lives out their and lived in hiding at times, were persecuted, betrayed, spent years in prison for heresy and then eventually martyred for their testimony and work of translating the Bible--breaking the mold of a dominant Catholic land thus bringing forth Protestantism. Oh how history repeats itself. Joseph Smith too was just a man. A man that sought for the word of God, for truth. He didn't want to be a Prophet. He didn't ask for that. Yet he too died a martyr. " He lived great, and he died great in the eyes of God and his people; and like most of the Lord’s anointed in ancient times, has sealed his mission and his works with his own blood."

No comments:

Blog Archive