Today I received an email like I do every month reminding me that my AT&T Uverse (cable/internet) bill is ready to be viewed. Included in the email was the amount and due date of my payment. I thought, man they messed up the numbers again! Last month, I noticed that same montly email said I owed $48.48. Well I wished my bill was that cheap, but I knew it had to of been a dyslexia inputting error because my bill should really be $84.48. So I went ahead and paid what I knew I should pay so I wouldn't be found guilty of not paying my whole bill. Then I got the email again for my bill this month and saw $48.48. I decided to call (I try to avoid calling and having to speak to an automated person-then pressing 1 for english, 7 for billing, 9 for cable and internet, then hearing please wait on hold as we are experiencing an unusual high volume of calls today) and figure it out (trust me I wasn't complaining about having a cheaper bill, just being honest you know). Apparently, after going back in forth with the representative, we somehow got a random credit of $36.00. Coincidence? I think not. For us, any type of discount or credit is only a blessing. I look around me and see that I am so blessed. Blessed with my amazing husband. Blessed to have a job. Blessed that Evan got into the only Grad school he applied to. Blessed that he is almost done. Blessed that we have been taken care of despite many stressful financial situations. Blessed. I count my blessings. But this small tender mercy of $36.00 is more than just a mere dollar amount. Its Heavenly Father's way of letting me know he hears me and answers my prayers. He is aware of us and is watching over us. He sees our faith and efforts.
Elder David Bednar, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, said in a talk he gave in 2005, "Often, the Lord’s timing of His tender mercies helps us to both discern and acknowledge them." He referenced to a Book of Mormon verse, “But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance”. He continues-"the Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ. Truly, the Lord suits “his mercies according to the conditions of the children of men” (D&C 46:15)..."Faithfulness, obedience, and humility invite tender mercies into our lives, and it is often the Lord’s timing that enables us to recognize and treasure these important blessings."
I am very thankful for tender mercies of the Lord. “The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works” (Ps. 145:9).
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(208)
-
▼
November
(23)
- We have moved..
- family fun
- Thanksgiving Day 2011
- I give thanks..
- Funny
- Something funny
- MLS finals
- Crafts with sister
- Scary moment
- Breaking Dawn Pt. 1
- Something special
- So glad we are forever
- Musings
- Kind message
- Sunday's @ Mom's
- Funeral
- What has a Veteran said to you today?
- "Take what comes your way. Do the best with it. Be...
- Tender Mercy
- "The trainers keep ‘em in one piece"
- Its just a Saturday
- Fires of Faith
- Halloween
-
▼
November
(23)
No comments:
Post a Comment