I decided to go on Craigslist.com and look for a rolling kitchen island for fairly cheap, but I knew to get a decent one I might have to spend more than $20. I found one. A nice one. The asking price was $120 obo(or best offer). Now, its just in my genes to negotiate. My family wheels and deals. So, I decided to email and offer $75. I get a response that says, "the lowest I will consider is $80". Now Evan would disagree, but I really don't think I am that frugal to do that to someone. I mean really, $5? The lowest the man "could consider" was only $5 more than what I offered. I didn;t dispute with him for the reason, it is $5! This whole encounter got me thinking. Why is the value of $5 so high in this case? I mean I know times are hard, but what is the real reason man selling the rolling island wouldn't take $75? Is it because he really needed an extra $5? Or is it because he wanted to have control of the situation? Is it pride? Something to think about. What is an extra $5 really about?
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(208)
-
▼
November
(23)
- We have moved..
- family fun
- Thanksgiving Day 2011
- I give thanks..
- Funny
- Something funny
- MLS finals
- Crafts with sister
- Scary moment
- Breaking Dawn Pt. 1
- Something special
- So glad we are forever
- Musings
- Kind message
- Sunday's @ Mom's
- Funeral
- What has a Veteran said to you today?
- "Take what comes your way. Do the best with it. Be...
- Tender Mercy
- "The trainers keep ‘em in one piece"
- Its just a Saturday
- Fires of Faith
- Halloween
-
▼
November
(23)


1 comment:
Where are the pictures?
Post a Comment